NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN

Monday, October 24, 2011

MAKING ARRANGEMENTS


MORE FORMAL EXPRESSIONS
LESS FORMAL EXPRESSIONS
1.      ASKING ABOUT AVAILABILITY
Would it be possible to meet?
Do you want to meet up?
When would be convenient?
When are you free?
2.      SUGGESTING DATES/TIMES/PLACES
Would Friday after dinner suit you?
How about Friday evening after dinner?
Shall we meet in the lobby at 7.00?
How about (meeting in) the lobby at 7.00?
Shall we say 8.30?
Would 8.30 be Ok?
Are you doing anything on Tuesday?

3.      ACCEPTING AND REFUSING
That suits me
That would be nice/fine (with me)
(I am afraid) I am not free.
(I am sorry) I can’t make it then.
(I am afraid) I have another engagement.
(I am sorry) I’ve got something else on.
4.      CONFIRMING
So that’s 7o’clock on Wednesday then
See you on Thursday, then
I look forward to meeting you.
Great. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment